About Dr. Carson Liu
Dr. Carson Liu received his medical degree from the University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine and completed his internship, residencies and research fellowship at UCLA Medical Center.
In 1998, Dr. Liu was appointed Assistant Professor of Surgery at UCLA Medical School where he continued to hone his physician skills in clinical practice, teaching and research. Dr. Liu has conducted extensive research and is widely published in the fields of bariatric and gastrointestinal surgery; he is nationally recognized in his field and has lectured extensively to professional societies on these subjects.
Dr. Liu is board certified in General Surgery and over the course of his career has performed over 3,700 bariatric surgeries.
Background:• Board certified in general surgery
• Completed a surgical residency at UCLA Medical School, Department of Surgery
• Received a Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine
• Graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in chemistry from the University of Chicago
Accomplishments:• Author of numerous peer reviewed articles
• Principal Investigator on several nationally recognized research projects
• Member of the editorial board of the Journal of Surgical Research
• Member of several professional societies, including the American College of Surgeons, the Los Angeles Surgical Society, American Society for Bariatric Surgery and the Association for Academy Surgery
• Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
• Recipient of several awards throughout his career
• Graduated with honors from the University of Chicago
Procedures:• Gastric Bypass • Adjustable Gastric Banding • Sleeve Gastrectomy • Gastric Imbrications
At miVIP Surgery Centers, Dr. Liu is performing numerous procedures, including gastric bypass, adjustable gastric banding, sleeve gastrectomy and gastric imbrications using the most advanced technology. Using these techniques, patients can expect numerous benefits and outstanding outcomes.