About Dr. Eric Valladares
Dr. Eric Valladares is the Director of Bariatric Surgery at Larkin Community Hospital. He is an expert surgeon in advanced laparoscopic, endoscopic and robotic surgery in Miami and has performed more than 1,000 laparoscopic procedures. Dr. Valladares was first trained as a physician in laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding with the LAP BAND in 2004 during a fellowship in advanced laparoscopic surgery and bariatric surgery in a private practice setting.
Born and raised in Miami and South Florida, Doctor Valladares enjoys helping those in the community live happier and healthier lives through surgical weight loss. He is known for his caring and down to earth nature that helps patients achieve long-term success.
- Board certified in general surgery
- Completed a fellowship in bariatric surgery
- Completed a surgical residency at Howard University Hospital
- Received a Doctor of Medicine degree from Howard College of Medicine in Washington DC
- Graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in biology and microbiology, as well as minors in chemistry and foreign languages from the University of Miami
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Associate Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Fellow of the American Society of Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery
At miVIP Surgery Centers, Dr. Valladares is performing numerous bariatric procedures, including gastric bypass, adjustable gastric banding, sleeve gastrectomy and gastric imbrications using the most advanced technology. Using these techniques, patients can expect numerous benefits and outstanding outcomes.
Visit Dr. Valladeres at the following locations:
Miami Regional Surgery Center
11801 SW 90th St
Miami, FL 33126