World-class surgeons. Cutting-edge surgical options. One location.
The Specialized Heartburn and Acid Reflux Center from miVIP Surgery Centers delivers the latest, most comprehensive diagnostic and treatment options for gastrointestinal conditions. We employ state-of-the art technology and innovative, minimally invasive surgical options, including the latest robotic procedures, to diagnose and treat the full range of gastrointestinal (GI) conditions in an outpatient setting. Patients will also receive the exceptional care and personal attention for which miVIP Surgery Centers are known.
Dr. Parin Patel, Director of the Center, is a board-certified surgeon who specializes in general and advanced laparoscopic surgery, and is specially trained in the latest minimally invasive robotic da Vinci® surgery technologies. Dr. Patel was one of the first surgeons in the United States certified to perform the groundbreaking new LINX® surgery for the safe, effective treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). Under Dr. Patel’s leadership, miVIP’s Heartburn and Acid Reflux Center became the country’s first outpatient center to perform the LINX procedure robotically.
Comprehensive care under one roof.
Reducing your stress can help improve your outcome. So our patients enjoy the convenience of “one-stop” access to comprehensive diagnostic and treatment options for GI conditions – all in one location. Our highly trained and skilled medical team has every resource they need to accurately diagnose and treat everything from heartburn, acid reflux, and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), to more serious conditions like esophagitis, Barrett’s Esophagus, and esophageal cancer. We’re also prepared to solve such associated conditions as obesity, sleep apnea, dental erosions and cavities, asthma and adverse side effects of long-term antacid and proton pump inhibitor (PPI) use. Some of the services that set the Heartburn and Acid Reflux Center apart include:
- In-depth, pre-operative assessment by our highly trained and skilled surgical team
- Consistent care from a dedicated, constant, and well-defined team of trained operating room staff
- Advanced theater equipment, including the latest da Vinci Si robot/laparoscopic kit and specialist operating tables
- The utmost respect for every individual’s dignity at all times
- Advanced recovery room with a private nurse providing one-to-one care
- Personal patient care advocate and program coordinator assigned to each patient
- World Health Organization (WHO) safety checklist performed before each operation
- Comprehensive team brief and team debrief held before and after each operating list
- Senior nursing staff trained and experienced in caring for patients post-bariatric surgery and upper gastrointestinal procedures
- Clearly defined triggers for escalating any post-operative concerns with a track record of prompt and successful intervention when needed
- 24-hour telephone access after discharge
If left untreated, gastrointestinal (GI) symptoms can worsen over time and even develop into more serious conditions. Thus, an early diagnosis and appropriate treatment plan is critical. miVIP’s physicians are experts in diagnosing and treating a wide range of GI problems and their associated conditions. We will work closely with you to devise the optimum treatment plan for your unique circumstances. Our highly trained and skilled surgeons have a comprehensive array of advanced diagnostic methods at their disposal. These minimally invasive procedures offered in an outpatient setting include, but are not limited to:
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) – Inserting a small camera through the esophagus and into the stomach to view the inside of the upper GI tract
- Bravo pH monitoring – Placing a disposable capsule at the time of the EGD to track the frequency and duration of acid reflux over a 48-hour period
- High-resolution manometry testing – Using the latest catheter equipment to determine if and when the LES is not working properly, as well as monitor the overall movement of the esophagus
To find out more about miVIP Surgery’s Specialized Heartburn and Acid Reflux Center, please contact us.